After ISU swept Portland State and Eastern Washington in Reed Gym last week, there was renewed buzz about moving all Bengal basketball games from Holt Arena back to Reed. Here are the pros and cons of moving back to Reed Gym that I've heard over the years. Let us know what you think and we'll kick around the topic with Bengal Coach Joe O'Brien on the coach's show tonight at 6 p.m. on KSEI 930 AM:
Pros of Moving to Reed Gym
1. Players practice most of the time there and love it.
2. ISU has played very well there and shoots very well there.
3. The game atmosphere is much better there than spreading 2,000 people throughout Holt Arena.
4. Fans don't have to pay to park there.
Cons of Moving Back to Reed Gym
1. Parking, concessions and rest rooms aren't as nice or available in Reed.
2. Holt Arena, which is a separate entity from the athletic department, loses parking and concession revenue.
3. The seats are less comfortable in Reed.
4. The students get pushed under the baskets and up in the balconies to make room for the season ticket holders on the floor seats.
5. In the past, ISU Coach Joe O'Brien has said Holt is a better venue to recruit to.
Post your comments below and we'll share your thoughts on the show tonight.