Monday, January 5, 2009

Take Me Home.....


Hey...it's me! I'm alive...travel weary, exhausted, but alive. The Joe O'Brien/Men's Basketball Fund-raising Tour 2008-09 has finished, just in time to return to ISU's home base....Big Sky Conference play. I can't tell you how many time I listened to Marc Broussard's "Home" on the way back from Kansas State, just giddy about being done with all the crazy non-conference travel...now we just have crazy conference travel, but at least the guys are used to that. (Editor's note: Marc Broussard is the best singer no one has heard about...Bil Champlin in Chicago basically told me to drop everything and pick up Marc's stuff...I did and have NOT been disappointed, back to the blog)

The fundraising tour had some benefits ($325,000 being the obvious one) and some drawbacks (a 3-11 non-conference record), but hey, ISU gets to boast playing a top three non-conference schedule at least. I know sports information doesn't see much of that money though ... quick note about the Kansas State road trip...we should have known what kind of trip it was going to be when we stopped to eat at a steakhouse only to find out they had no beef, just pork chops, chicken and pasta. Shoulda known right there I suppose. Of course, I had a lovely dinner on my anniversary with Joe O'Brien, while my wife had pizza with our daughter. Gotta love having a New Year's Day anniversary, huh?

Highlights...
I still haven't found jayjay057 to figure out how the heck he sliced all this together, but if you missed Amorrow's shot, or Busma's tip at the buzzer, they are both here....pretty cool stuff.

I'm on TV all the time, but I found this hilarious anyways....
Seriously, I sorta don't care to be on TV, but I do see myself on all the time (I got about 3,352 texts within five minutes of saving Wisconsin's Joe Krabbenhoft from crashing into the stands on the Big Ten Network), but my younger bother the cop in Florida, he's NEVER on TV....until now. He apparently is one of the cops features in the Tru TV network (formerly Court TV) show, Speeders, and also Speeders Fight Back. Well, here is a clip of on of the segments (it's the very first one....entitled Duh!)...I'm proud to say his snarkiness comes from me.

The men have company in the undefeated category...
And that would be the women's team, which, just like the men, came back from a halftime deficit to defeat Northern Colorado, picking up a big road win on Friday night, even bigger because UNC defeated Weber State on Sunday. Of course, Idaho State beat UNC in overtime, and then UNC lost on Saturday to Weber State in overtime after leading by 16 in the second half, by 11 with 3:30 left, and by seven with 40 seconds left. Of course, those overtimes are nothing compared to what Northern Arizona and Portland State went through on the Big Sky Game of the Week on Altitude yesterday afternoon...

We're Number Six! We're Number Six...and Utah can Say They are #1 in Something...
Idaho is the sixth-fastest growing state in the union, and Utah is actually first, according to the United States Census.

Make sure you come out and support the women on Thursday and Saturday, and go BENGALS!

No comments: